Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Riding on the khlong in Bangkok


 


 
So I commute to work on the khlong (canal) in Bangkok as in the video above.

  • Today I'm in a sort of depressed funk. I think its due to a number of things:
  • Romantic confusion;
  • Realizing I don't have much zeal for returning to Afghanistan for work after missing (by two days) a suicide bomber attack on a hotel where I was staying;
  • Knowing I have six months left on this job contract but not wanting to move again;
  • Missing my friends in the US since it was the 4th of July and I didn't do anything special - I didn't even make my dad's famous potato salad. (however, I plan to do it for the weekend and have a bbq with my friend Carol).

 
So I'm trying to combat it by listening to some good music to change my mood. Here is the playlist on the canal this morning:

George Harrison - Give me Love
The Beatles - The End
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Refugee
Falco - Der Kommisar
My Chemical Romance - Teenagers
Ludacris - Rollout (My Business)
Earth, Wind, and Fire- Boogie Wonderland
AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long

Between AC/DC and Ludicris - the mood lifted....

No comments:

Post a Comment