Friday, April 28, 2006

My Happy Place

So I had my first experience with nitrous oxide today. I was nervous about my dental surgery so I chose the gas and WOWWWWWW! I gotta get me some of that. He told me to picture someplace I'd rather be - for whatever reason - its a little meadow in West Virginia with lambs jumping around me! Even though he shot me up with novocaine with a giant needle and dug around in my mouth for an hour - I was humming along to the music, thinking about the little lambs, and really enjoying myself. Blissed out indeed.

Of course, as I left out of the dentist's office, I felt messed up. It was all I could do to put one foot in front of the other. I think the next time I do this, I need someone to pick me up. Anyway, I can totally see the allure of drugs. If I could get my hands on nitrous oxide, I'd do it all day every day. I didn't care about my burnout. I didn't care about my mouth. I didn't care about ANYTHING. All I could think about was little fuzzy lambs.

No comments:

Post a Comment